Monday, January 2, 2017

Black Doll Auction Oakland, California Ends Jan 6, 2017



A kind reader sent information about a doll auction that ends on January 6, 2017, in Oakland, California (bidding opened on December 28, 2016). She felt I and the readers of this blog might find the information noteworthy.  I am, therefore, sharing the text of her email:

Hi Ms. Garrett,
I recently came across a black doll collection at an estate in Oakland. The owner left a large and varied collection of black dolls. They are being sold... on the MaxSold website: http://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/oakland-california-usa-estate-online-auction-graffian-st-3756I thought you and your readers would find the collection interesting. It would be nice to see the dolls go to someone who will love them as much as the owner did.
Best,
Stephanie L.


I agree with Stephanie, it would be wonderful to see these dolls further appreciated by doll enthusiasts.  If I lived in or near Oakland, I would certainly do online bidding and make plans to retrieve my winnings on the day the auction closes, Friday, January 6, 2017.  It is unfortunate that Maxsold does not provide shipping for those who live outside the Oakland, California area.  

Feel free to share this post with those who might be able to attend the auction.  

Thank you again, Stephanie, for sharing this information.

dbg
Follow my sister blog Ebony-Essence of Dolls in Black
Check out my eBay listings here.

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Debbie!

    Thanks so much for sharing this... The collection is beautiful and I especially love the African wood carvings! Too bad they don't ship, but I'm sure there will be a lot of lucky collectors to head to this auction =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Shasha! I agree; there will be lots of lucky collectors based on the current bids and beginning bids.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Thanks for telling us about this. We may not be able to participate in this specific auction-that's a crying shame-because they don't ship but I'd never heard of them and they seem to hold auctions all over, including in Canada, so who knows what the future will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maricha,

      Thanks for sharing that Maxsold holds auctions all over. I will register or otherwise sign up to be informed of future auctions that might occur in my area.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. Those Philip Heath dolls! My oh my!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Heath, the Himstedt, the Treffeisen -- lots of nice pickings. The auction ends today. I hope someone who has been notified as a result of Stephanie's email to me wins a doll or two.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!